Application to the Graduate School Life Science Munich
Applications for doctoral studies within the Graduate School Life Science Munich,
from Molecules to Systems, not available for submission.
The application tool will be open on the 11th of October 2016.
The deadline to submit your application is the 6th of December 2016.
The deadline for the letters of reference is the 13th of December 2016.
Timeline for the application round 2016:
- October 11, 2016: Beginning of the application round for 2016, opening of the LSM online application system;
- December 6, 2016: Application deadline, closure of the LSM online application system;
- December 13, 2016: Deadline for submission of recommendation letters;
- Calendar weeks 4/5, 2017: Invitations to interviews in Munich;
- February 22-24, 2017: Interviews in Munich;
- until End of March 2017: Final decisions;
- Start of doctoral study, as soon as possible, though depends on when the grant funds are available within 2017.
Please take note of the following rules and considerations:
- You have to apply with our online application tool;
- Applications by mail will not be accepted;
- Incomplete applications will not be considered;
- Applications which are not submitted will not be considered;
- We do not charge application fees;
- There are no tuition fees;
- All courses are held in English.
The five steps to submit your application to the LSM doctoral programme:
- Register online. After successful registration you will receive a confirmation link via e-mail that allows you to log in.
- Log in with your personal username and password at the LSM online application system and fill out your application form.
- Upload all required documents.
- Contact your referees and get their affirmation to write a recommendation on your behalf. Then fill out the tabs for referee contacts in the online application form and follow further instructions. Once authorized by you, the coordination office will invite the referee to submit his/her letter of recommendation electronically.
- Submit your application by clicking on the "Submit Application" button in the upper menue of the application site.
Acceptance of complete applications will be confirmed electronically in the status box of your application form.
Submission of each letter of recommendation to the coordination office will be confirmed electronically in the status box of your application form. Additionally you will be informed via e-mail as soon as one of your referees has submitted a recommendation on your behalf. On the other hand, the referee will receive an e-mail of LSM, which confirms the receipt of the recommendation letter.
We can only accept online applications, which are completed. Consequently, late or incomplete applications will be rejected and deleted from our data base.
Written applications to the LSM coordination office are not processed and will not be returned.
It is recommended to submit your application early. This may be beneficial in case you run into problems during the application process. For example, if one of your referees does not submit a recommendation in time, you will have sufficient time to intervene and respond appropriately to the situation.
Applications will be independently reviewed by several faculty members of the Graduate School LSM. Based on academic qualification, research experience, motivation, scientific background and the letters of recommendation, candidates will be selected for personal interviews in Martinsried/Munich in February of 2017. Travel expenses and accommodation will be covered by the Graduate School.
Successful applicants will be offered a doctoral study position, which generally is financed by third-party funds of the supervisor. The monthly salary is around 1.100 EUR.
Application window will be open from the 11th of October 2016 till the 6th of December 2016.
The following image illustrates the several steps of LSM-recruiting: