Applications for doctoral studies within the Graduate School Life Science Munich were submitted from 4th November 2014 to 7th of January 2015.
The application tool is closed.
For international candidates, the LSM will be running a joint scholarship with the DAAD GSSP program. View details via link: here.
Timeline for the application round 2015:
- November 4, 2014: Beginning of the application round for 2014, opening of the LSM online application system;
- January 7, 2015: Application deadline, closure of the LSM online application system;
- January 14, 2015: Deadline for submission of recommendation letters;
- Calendar weeks 7/8, 2015: Invitations to interviews in Munich;
- March 09-12, 2015: Interviews in Munich;
- until End of March 2015: Final decisions;
- Start of PhD study, as soon as possible, though depends on when the grant funds are available within 2015.
Please take note of the following rules:
- You have to apply with our online application tool;
- Applications by mail will not be accepted;
- Incomplete applications will not be considered;
- Applications which are not submitted will not be considered;
- We do not charge application fees.
The five steps to submit your application to the LSM doctoral program:
- Register online. After successful registration you will receive a confirmation link via e-mail that allows you to log in.
- Log in with your personal username and password at the LSM online application system and fill out your application form.
- Upload all required documents.
- Contact your referees and get their affirmation to write a recommendation on your behalf. Then fill out the tabs for referee contacts in the online application form and follow further instructions. Once authorized by you, the coordination office will invite the referee to submit his/her letter of recommendation electronically.
- Submit your application by clicking on the "Submit Application" button in the upper menue of the application site.
Acceptance of complete applications will be confirmed electronically in the status box of your application form.
Submission of each letter of recommendation to the coordination office will be confirmed electronically in the status box of your application form. Additionally you will be informed via e-mail as soon as one of your referees has submitted a recommendation on your behalf. On the other hand, the referee will receive an e-mail of LSM, which confirms the receipt of the recommendation letter.
We can only accept online applications, which are completed. Consequently, late or incomplete applications will be rejected and deleted from our data base.
Written applications to the LSM coordination office are not processed and will not be returned.
It is recommended to submit your application early. This may be beneficial in case you run into problems during the application process. For example, if one of your referees does not submit a recommendation in time, you will have sufficient time to intervene and respond appropriately to the situation.
Applications will be independently reviewed by several faculty members of the Graduate School LSM. Based on academic qualification, research experience, motivation, scientific background and the letters of recommendation, candidates will be selected for personal interviews in Martinsried/Munich in March of 2015. Travel expenses and accommodation will be covered by the Graduate School.
Successful applicants will be offered a PhD study position, which generally is financed by third-party funds of the supervisor. The monthly salary is about 1.100 EUR.
Application window will be open from 4th of November 2014 to 7th of January 2015.
The following image illustrates the several steps of LSM-recruiting: